Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Rated PG: The first of the many: Sherica Ocbania

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The modern times seemed to have been the born of young photographers. Photographers who, in one way or another, influenced and inspired others to unveil their inner eye in unusual but very breathtaking photos.

Inspiration come from different aspects, different places and in unexpected ways. Here's Sherica Ocbania, one of the very few people who has grounded me with inspiration to both continue blogging and appreciate the most random things out of life! Here's a short online interview I had with her :D

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sherica Fabienne Ocbania
St. Louis University - Bachelor of Science Information Technology.

Camera equipment includes: My Canon EOS 1000D and its KIT LENS.

How did your interest in photography begin?

Well, It all started when I was in my first year of high school . . My mum bought me this Olympus Fe210 camera and tada. . .

You've been active in the online world quite sometime now and you've been well-known, especially in Tumblr, how do you handle criticisms and negative comments about your site/you?

The early days were frustrating, I get hatemails and every comment I receive affects my self esteem and confidence to continue what I'm doing but getting hatemails, I gained a lot of new friends that encouraged me a lot to do better and realized my self importance as a person. They gave me awesome advices to follow and I rarely get hatemails nowadays.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The last few years, you've been designing layouts for websites and the like, has it, in any way, influenced your style for photography?

In all honestly, I never really incorporate my photography with my layout designs. My photography is always random. While I always look for sophistication for my layouts, I can say that I'm much better designing layout that taking photos haha.

In three words, describe your photography style.

Random . Vintage. Uneasy

Where do you get your inspiration from?

All over the internet!

Do you edit your photos?

Yup!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


What has been your most memorable photograph and why?

Nothing really special but I really love everything about this photo, no story behind it but I love how creepy it was. The crop, the color and the fog.

If you could have a shoot with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be? Why?

I'D CHOOSE EMMA WATSON! OMG, SHE'S EVERYTHING I WANNA BE :D

Check out her blog for more photos: shericaocbania.com :D

PS: Finally! A photographer appreciation post. Hope to have more soon!

2 comments:

Sherica said...

Oh my god, thank you so much Frances! :D

Ysh ♥ said...

Ferrero! :-)

I love the photos, Sherica.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...